Year 13 thinking of employment
Coming to the end of your A level or BTEC diploma course and not sure university is for you?
Find out about your options, talk to your careers adviser.
- Login and search for information on your ideas, check out Job trends for info on skills needed and facts about the job market, and take a look at JobFAQS, our guide to finding a job or training for AS, A level and BTEC Level 3 leavers:
JobFAQS 2020 - a guide to job hunting for level 3 leavers - includes a vacancy directory
JobFAQs 2021 due out around 9 December 2020
- Check out the latest in Calderdale and Kirklees, also keep checking the Recruitline page for government announcements about support for young people looking for work during COVID, as well as 2021 vacancies with early closing dates. See what other vacancies are available if you're Not Going to Uni. See also The Big Choice for vacancies aimed at students and UCAS Careerfinder for over 18s
- Higher or degree apprenticeships provide a work-based route to a university-equivalent nationally recognised qualification at Level 4 and above - take a look at some of the latest higher and degree apprenticeship listings. Or you can start on an advanced (Level 3) apprenticeship or a job with training. Check out Charlotte's experience of doing a higher apprenticeship below
- Get help with searching for a job
- Starting work? Take a look at our guide to your rights and responsibilities at work
- Thinking of running your own business?
Remember, everyone's career journey is different
Charlotte explains why she took the higher apprenticeship route - read what she has to say (76kb PDF).
Adam talks to Lorna about choosing your options after Year 11. He advises you to think about what suits you and your skills and abilities. Listen to what Adam suggests or read it (141kb PDF). See the full interview with Adam on our YouTube Channel
Adam recently won the Lord Barnby Award for the most promising young person employed in the West Yorkshire textile industry, presented on behalf of the Worshipful Company of Woolmen by the Textile Centre of Excellence.
Olivia answers questions here and in our JobFAQS 2019 booklet, on why she chose to do a degree apprenticeship with IBM
Timing is important. Not sure when to start?
Our Year 13 'considering employment' calendar will help you start planning and make sure you don't miss out (67kb PDF).
IMPORTANT! If you are thinking about leaving school/college, see your careers adviser first.
Need to contact us?
Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school/college.
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated February 2019