15-25 not fixed up
If you live in Calderdale and:
You're under 19 or you're aged 16 to 24 with special educational needs and/or disabilities:
Our careers advisers can help you with:
As well as offering advice and support, our advisers can help you find training, including from basic Entry Level 1 to GCSE Level 2, if you live in the:
- Dewsbury, Batley, Cleckheaton, Colne Valley, Holme Valley and Huddersfield area
- Halifax, Todmorden and Calder Valley area
- You can also search on the national government site for a traineeship and find out more about them on traineeships on Amazing Apprenticeships. Traineeships are for anyone aged between 16 and 24, or 25 if you have an Education Health and Care Plan. If you haven't yet got the qualifications you need or you are not sure what you want to do, traineeships give you the chance to find out more and improve your skills.
Not ready or not sure? Contact your nearest centre - see below - to talk about other training options
Our careers advisers can talk to you about our:
CAL (Calderdale Adult Learning ) programme for anyone needing support to move on in their job/career - check out our online workshops (133kb PDF). The support can include a range of things, such as volunteering, further training or employment. You should be claiming work-based benefits or working less than 16 hours a week or earning less than £16,000 a year. You must also have been in the country for at least three years but the following groups are exempt from the three year residency rule:
- learners granted refugee status
- discretionary leave to enter or remain
- exceptional leave to enter or remain
- humanitarian protection
- spouse of any of the above
If you live in the Hebden Royd area, our careers adviser, Sarah will work with you to:
- Decide what you want to achieve
- Make a plan of how to get there
- Provide information about local learning, apprenticeship and employment opportunities
- Support you with CV, applications and interview preparations
- Provide ongoing support for as long as you need it.
Contact Sarah on 07812 971818 for more information.
If you live in Kirklees and you're aged 15 to 25
If you would like to get into work or an apprenticeship then our team can help. Whether it's looking at your options, updating your skills or gaining experience for your CV.
The Works Better* 15-25 team knows what works better and can support you to:
- Explore training and career opportunities
- Learn new skills
- Learn how to sell yourself
- Build your confidence
- Create a professional CV
- Access local apprenticeship opportunities
- Understand what skills employers are looking for
* Works Better 15-25 is part funded through the European Social Fund, it is delivered in partnership with C&K Careers across the Kirklees district. It pulls together two projects aimed at supporting young people, these are the Leeds City Region Employment Hub, managed by West Yorkshire Combined Authority and the Youth Engagement and Progression (YEP) Programme, managed by the City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council.
Across the whole programme, YEP will receive up to £2.5m of funding from the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. ESF funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects that will support innovation, businesses, skills development, job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information W: www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
The Employment Hub will receive up to £4.5m of funding from the European Social Fund (ESF) as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England.
The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England ESF programme. ESF funds help local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects that will support innovation, businesses, skills development, job creation, social inclusion and local community regenerations. For more information W: www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
For more information about the WorksBetter employment programme T: 01484 213858
Our Statement of Service a promise to all who use our services (273kb PDF)
Find out what Seanna and Kieron think about their time at Project Challenge.
Listen to Lorna explaining to Jemma what is involved or read it (67kb PDF).
Need to contact us?
Your C&K Careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch.
- Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name
You can also talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for our Facebook Messenger
Get in touch with your nearest centre:
Page updated April 2019