Halifax Careers Centre
You can talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for Facebook Messenger on the bottom right
Our advisers are here to help
Our careers advisers work across Calderdale including Todmorden and the Calder Valley. Our staff are friendly and helpful -see below for more information.
Halifax Careers Centre
16 Alexandra Street
- Ring 01422 754300 and ask for your careers adviser by name if you know it or contact our Chat service - details are at the top of the page
- Out of hours contacts (414kb PDF)
Centre opening times
Young people can call in and talk briefly to an adviser Monday to Friday - ring the centre to find out about our drop-in times or to book an appointment if you need a more detailed talk with a careers adviser or contact us about a My way forward session.
Advisers in our centres can help you...
- Discover the jobs and careers that suit you
- Plan your next step
- Job search help
- Search online for jobs, including our for new entrants
- Help with overseas qualifications and UK comparisons - UK NARIC
- Prepare your CVs and job applications, and help you get ready for interviews
If you're under 19 (under 25 if you have disabilities or learning difficulties) and looking for your first full-time job ...
Displaying entry level vacancies on our vacancy board. See also:
- Apprenticeship and training and information on Level 1 training providers
- Direct you to benefits advice if you need it.
In need of some advice?
- Check out Calderdale services to help with your emotional health and wellbeing (EHWB) (692kb PDF)
- Find out about Calderdale Chathealth
Available for young people Text: 07480 635297 or parents and carers Text: 075507 332157
- Teenage parents
- Open Minds - signposts to advice, information, support if you're going through difficult times
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Kooth – free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- Shout - free 24/7 text service for people struggling to cope
- Interested in the Army, whatever your age?
If you feel you have been discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, please speak to your careers adviser.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Intersex?
- Identity - Calderdale
- The yOUTh Project - provides support to young people, their parents and carers in Calderdale and Kirklees
- Stonewall - resources including the Starting Out career guide - updated every October
- Mermaids - supporting children, young people, and their families working through gender issues
- Gires - Gender Identity Research and Education Society>
- Gender Identity Development Service (GIDS)
In danger of becoming homeless?
- Sanctuary Housing - offers 24 hour supported living accommodation to vulnerable young people aged 16 to 17; T: 01422 418961
Jemma outside our Halifax centre
Jemma explains how to see a careers adviser, what help we offer and what other services are available or read it
Page updated October 2020