You can talk to one of our careers advisers via our Chat service:
It's open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Ring 01484 213856
Look out for Facebook Messenger on the bottom right
Our advisers are here to help
Our careers advisers work across North Kirklees including Batley, Cleckheaton, Dewsbury, Heckmondwike and Mirfield. Our staff are friendly and helpful
- see below for more information.
You can talk to a careers adviser using our Chat service - details are at the top of the page
- Need to speak to your named careers adviser? Ring 01924 683911 and ask for your adviser by name
- Out of hours contacts (422kb PDF).
Advisers can help you ...
- Discover the jobs and careers that suit you
- Plan your next step
- Help you with job search
If you're under 19 (under 25 if you have disabilities or learning difficulties) and looking for your first full-time job ...
Displaying entry level vacancies on our vacancy board. See also:
- Apprenticeship and training and information on Level 1 training providers
- Direct you to benefits advice if you need it.
In need of some advice?
- Teenage parents
- Education and health support (support for care leavers) - includes sexual health support
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Andy's Man Club - support for men of all ages finding life difficult (poster 52kb PDF)
- Kooth – free, safe and anonymous online support for young people
- Youth Central, Kirklees - register now for instant text service ‘Speak to a Youth Worker’, activities and live session, including with C&K careers advisers
- Shout - free 24/7 text service for people struggling to cope
- NHS - advice and tips on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing.
- Platform 1 - support for men
- Luke's Lads - supports men's mental health
If you feel you have been discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, please speak to your careers adviser.
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning or Intersex?
- The Brunswick Centre - provides support to young people, their parents and carers in Calderdale and Kirklees
- Identity - Calderdale
- Stonewall - resources including the Starting Out career guide - updated every October
- Mermaids - supporting children, young people, and their families working through gender issues
- Gires - Gender Identity Research and Education Society
- It Gets Better UK - stories and support for LGBTQ+ youth
In danger of becoming homeless?
- Shelter - Housing Advice free Helpline T: 0808 800 4444, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 9m to 5pm
Page updated October 2020