Job search hints & tips
Looking for your first full-time job and not sure how to go about it?
If you're not sure how to begin applying for jobs and apprenticeships, this series of leaflets offers lots of advice and suggestions about getting the job or apprenticeship that is right for you. They cover all the stages of job hunting from finding vacancies to applying online or on paper, going for interview and then landing that job/apprenticeship.
- Application forms
- Writing a CV
- Writing a personal profile for a CV
- Cover letter
- Making a spec application
- Successful interview
- Psychometric testing and selection tests
- Skills employers look for
- Finding a job or apprenticeship
- Landed that first job
Page updated August 2019