Special school sixth forms

SEND 006... offers courses for students aged over 16 in a special school environment

Like in mainstream sixth forms ...

... students will start special school sixth form in the September after they have finished Year 11. Students can spend up to three extra years in school. The sixth form may include students who attended the school in the past, as well as students who were at other schools.

Places at special school sixth forms are allocated in discussion with families, the school and the Calderdale or Kirklees SEN (special educational needs) team. They offer programmes of study at pre entry and entry level.

For further details of entry requirements for individual special schools, please contact the school – see individual special schools on the Calderdale Local Offer or Kirklees Local Offer websites.

Need to contact us?

Your C&K Careers school or college careers adviser can help and advise you – get in touch with the careers team in school/college.


  • Ring 01484 242000 and ask for your careers adviser by name or press '0' to speak to someone who can help
  • Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Get in touch with your nearest centre:

Page updated April 2019

Our careers advisers are based at:

Head Office
Huddersfield Careers Centre
24 High Street

T: 01484 242000 - general enquiries

T: 01484 213856 - Chat service, speak to a careers adviser