Helps you understand your responsibilities...
...as a citizen of the UK
Finding out about your role as a future responsible adult will be a big part of what you talk about in citizenship. This may include discussing things like volunteering and other ways of supporting your local community, as well as your growing responsibility towards your family and friends.
You'll discuss what being a UK citizen means and what responsibilities you have as a citizen, including how you could influence changing UK society.
- how the United Kingdom is governed (ruled)
- how its political system works
- what your democratic rights involve (your freedom to choose who governs the UK), including how to think and question political ideas
- about the role of the law and justice system, including how laws are shaped and enforced
- how to manage your money day to day and how to think about and plan your future financial (money) needs.